We work with a lot of people regarding jewelry. Occasionally we will meet someone who says they don’t wear jewelry. What? How can that be? That’s like baking a cake and not frosting it or setting your dining room table without any flowers. Jewelry is the finishing touch to your outfit! There are so many reasons to wear jewelry!
And on that note, here are our top 8 reasons why every person should wear jewelry:
- Makes your outfit look finished; you look put together and well dressed. When you buy clothing off the rack, the way that you can claim a dress, blouse, or look, and make it your style is to add jewelry!
- Reflection of your taste – you can share any or all of the following through jewelry: your favorite color or stone, wear a token from a loved one or a special trip, flatter a physical feature that you want to emphasize, for example wearing gold tone jewelry to compliment your blonde hair.
- Personalizes your outfit – Jewelry is the easiest way to put your signature on a blouse or dress. How about your new dress? Want to make it your own? Again, add some jewelry!
- Can enhance your figure – That’s right! Jewelry is a pretty powerful accessory! Want to look taller and slimmer? Add a necklace that drops in a V or Y shape, like a lariat style. Is your body shaped like a pear? Use a brooch or 2 near your collar on your shoulder to pull the eye up, to your face. It will help balance your figure.
- Can enhance your face – Jewelry can trick the eye here, creating balance and contrast to be flattering to your face. For example, if you have a full, round-shaped face, a vertical style earring will help slim your face and counter the round shape.
- Can update your whole style and wardrobe – Jewelry is one of the easiest ways to update your wardrobe especially if you like to stick with classic clothing. It’s a great way to be trendy, and embrace the latest “it” item, whether it’s a neon-colored statement necklace or an oversized cocktail ring. And if you want to get on board with the latest trendy color or vibe of the season, check out the jewelry section of your favorite store! With the internet, it’s pretty easy these days to find very similar jewelry at high and low price points. So, just figure out your budget, and get the best-looking trend jewelry you can afford.
- Pivots your outfit from day to night – Here’s one of the keys to having an assortment of jewelry! One of the easiest ways to elevate a business dress, suit, or blouse from daytime to nighttime is jewelry! Change out your pearls, for a dramatic, drop earring, an awesome, layered statement necklace, or add a few dressy bangles to your arm party.
- Jewelry is a good investment. Dollar for dollar you can get a lot of mileage out of jewelry. Most likely you wouldn’t wear the same blouse every day, but you can wear the same necklace every day. And depending on the quality and style of jewelry, you can wear it for years. Even pass it on to daughters or others to enjoy!
- Bonus!! Because it sparkles, creates a focal point, and makes you feel beautiful/pretty and more confident!
Want more styling tips? Contact us today!
Have a great day!